Young Person/Group of the Year 2018
NEW MILTON TOWN PARTNERSHIP AND THE ROTARY CLUB OF NEW MILTON
YOUNG PERSON OF THE YEAR & GROUP AWARD 2018
CRITERIA FOR NOMINATIONS
- Nominees must live, be in education or work, and taken part in activities within the Parish of New Milton (consisting of Ashley, Barton, Bashley, or Milton).
- There are three categories for awards:
- Individual Junior under 14 yrs inclusive (up to school year 9)
- Individual Senior 15 to 25 yrs inclusive (school year group10 & above)
- Group of similar or mixed ages up to 25 yrs
- A young person or group can be nominated by completing the attached Nomination Form.
- The young person or group should demonstrate during year prior to the award:
- Outstanding contributions to the community.
- Overcoming an extreme personal difficulty or challenge.
- Young carer/person who cares for another or others, either within their family, school, club, organisation, or work place.
- Has carried out an act of bravery.
- Be a successful group of young people who promote the ethos of good teamwork in sport, fundraising, etc within the community.
THE PRIZES, funded by the Rotary Club of New Milton and the New Milton Town Partnership are:
- Individual Junior or Senior - 1st Prize in each category £50
- Individual Junior or Senior - 2nd Prize in each category £30
- Individual Junior or Senior - 3rd Prize in each category £20
- Senior Group Prize (mixed ages14/25yrs) £50
- Junior Group Prize (mixed ages up to14yrs) £50
The individual winner and group of each category will have their name engraved on a shield, which will be kept by them for one year. Each individual winner will receive a medal and certificate to keep; the group winners will receive shield only. All individual runners up will receive a certificate.
The presentation will form part of the New Milton Town Partnership’s Annual General Meeting to be held on Wednesday 20th June 2018 at the New Milton Memorial Centre, Whitefield Road at 6.30pm. ALL NOMINEES ARE REQUESTED TO ATTEND. FAMILY AND FRIENDS ARE WELCOME.